Friday, June 4, 2010

June Bride

I am a June bride. It was not planned...actually, I really did not want to be one...no offense to those who got married on June ha...for me kasi korny dahil a lot of couples are getting married on the month of June.

When Arch proposed, he asked me when I wanted to get married. I told him either Sept 8 or Dec 8. (This was really MY plan, even before he proposed hehe!). The reasons why I like the date were - the 2 dates are for Mama Mary (Her birthday and Immaculate Conception) and 8 was our bf-gf anniversary and both dates fell on a Saturday. Arch did not want to get married on December. Kasi his parents got married on December and let's say - the relationship did not end in a happily ever after. Haha! So, September 8 was the d-date na!

After we told our families the date, may kumontra...the gf of Arch's dad told us that September 8 was not a good date. Her reason - it was the birthday of Mama Mary and Mama Mary suffered a lot (death of her Son on the cross)...so we might suffer daw or something. She told us to get married on June 10. Di ko lang pinansin...kasi I was really set on getting married on Sept 8 and June 10 was a Sunday no! And besides, I do not believe on those things kasi e...wala na lang nagawa si Arch.

So we scouted for suppliers na. Actually, we were able to book 3 suppliers when Arch told me that we need to talk. Akala ko magbabackout na! Ahaha! Here is the kwento. He told me that Anna, his sister, went to a manghuhula. Out of the blue, this manghuhula asked her if her brother, who is Arch, is getting married. Anna was surprised. The manghuhula told her to tell her brother not to pursue with our planned date. Ayan na, nataranta na si Arch...kasi 2 na yung nagsabi. I told Arch that I will think about it.

I consulted my colleagues and my boss, who will be our ninong pa. Our ninong said na even though I do not believe in those things, Arch does. And even if the success of the relationship really depend on us and not on some manghuhula, the fact that Arch believes...baka it might affect his relationship with me...and in the end magkasisihan lang!

So napapayag na ako. But before that, I told Arch, he should be the one to contact the suppliers that we have booked and change our wedding date...Surprisingly, all of them are available on the new date. And what is more surprising, a favorite supplier was not available on Sept 8, but on the new date, available na sila!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment