Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hypertension

Arch's blood pressure has been high for the past 2 weeks. At first, we thought it was because he was tired (because of my Lola's wake), but his bp was still high even days after the cremation.

Hypertension runs in Archie's family - father side. Also, 4 years ago, he was under medication to normalize his blood pressure and he cut down his fat intake. Kaya during our wedding, he was thin. =) After that, his BP was normal until nga 2 weeks ago. So I decided to go to a doctor, so we know what to do. Mahirap ng lumala.
 
We went to a cardiologist, Dra. Aguirre, yesterday. He was diagnosed of Hypertension Stage 2. So now, my husband is on a low salt, low fat diet. He is now under medication. He also needs to indulge in dynamic exercises. He also needs to undergo some series of tests. After 2 weeks, we should go back to the Doctor.

My husband was a bit sad because of this. But I told him at least, these are the only things he needs to do. 

So now, I am searching the internet for food and recipes he can eat. I also told him, I will eat what he will eat. =) It will also benefit me and Antonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment